- Until yesterday, I had no desire to attend law school, but then I saw the photographs of lawyers at airports, and suddenly, I wanted to be one.
- I still want to go back to school. I need to contact the EAP to see if there's anything they can do to help. Thing is, I don't know what to study now. The jobs I have wanted to apply for in the past and been barred from needed an English degree. Another job I wanted to apply for and couldn't wanted a paralegal certification (even though NYS does not require one). Of course, these were civil service jobs, so still involved testing, but to be approved for the testing, you need the required credentials.
- I am frightened.
- There is a new critter in a different wall of the house. This is the front wall of my office, so I suppose it could be a bird nesting between the shutter and the wall on the outside, or it could be something crawling down from the attic or up from the basement. I am so fucking tired of having to deal with things all on my own. Tired enough that I have actually thought a few times about selling the house and moving back into an apartment -- except a) I would hate apartment living after being away from it for...jeeze, twenty years, and b) I wouldn't be able to keep Jack, because no one will rent to someone with a dog.
- I finally watched Jason Bourne tonight. Same old same old, just different bad guys. I didn't like it.
- I don't know that I really care for my LJ Idol piece. I have been thinking about dropping out, actually.
- I managed to flea Kethri by myself today, go me. She is usually to wriggly, and I have to get my sister to come by and help me, but she was overdue for dosing, and I didn't want to wait, so I got her into my lap and waited until she was quiet, et voilà.
- Finished the third season of The Six Million Dollar Man. Started the first season of The Bionic Woman. Four or five episodes in, there is the Beauty Contest episode. I have a theory about TV shows: every show has a Boxing Episode and every show with a female lead has a Beauty Contest episode. Or, at least the shows I grew up with did. Now that I'm actually thinking about it, I remember bits of this episode: Jaime sneaking around and rushing back to her own room to wet down her hair and wrap it with a towel, and I'm thinking that Diana Prince did the same thing in her first season.
- We didn't get the snow they were threatening us with. Jack and I walked through a flurry this morning, but otherwise.... There was even sun at times. I'm definitely ready for spring, though. Six(ish) more weeks.
Expand Cut Tags
No cut tags